The Dragon Cabinet - finished with pics
Awesome, well done.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
Very lovely! I have been programming CNC machines for more than 20 years now. I still enjoy the process, and watching them work is mesmerizing. 

Folks talk about being 'sucked into the vortex' the first time you turn on a lathe. This is no different!
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Beautiful work.  Nicely executed.
Well, Bye...
I love every detail! Great work.

Frank
That is awesome
Yes
Yes

As usual your work makes me smile, nice job.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
One last pic.

The glass came in today, so i put installed it and put a few small turnings from a local artist in the case.

[Image: 97A8A293-FDE3-41E8-A83E-4D7715C11810_zpszaosmas6.jpg]

Thank you all for your kind words.  I always appreciate your feedback and criticism.

-Wayne
First as everyone said, the piece is gorgeous--the dragon is wonderful but the joinery of the frame is outstanding.  You asked for input and I will timidly (as in a high school math teacher giving math suggestions to Einstein) suggest that the piece needs some type of wooden hinges.  Knowing next to nothing about CNC machines it would seem that it could be used to turn out something beautiful and consistent with the design.  The metal hinges just detract from this beautiful box.  Ken
Ken,

You are absolutely correct that the hinges detract.  Aesthetically, they just don't work.  Heck let's just say it...they are ugly.

I disagree with the suggestion for a wood hinge, but a brass one would surely have worked with the piece.  I originally wanted a brass knife hinge at the end of the door, but when i decided to do the door as an overlay rather than as an inset, that plan had to change.  Brass butt hinges would have, of course worked, but i just wanted the functionality of the euro hinge if i had to have the hinge visible.

That being said, euro hinges are wonderful in their functionality.    The auto close and soft close functionality of these hinges is really quite nice.

Now i know the door will be shut instead of my wife and daughters leaving it ajar ( like they seem to do EVERY time with their medicine cabinets).  

Appreciate the feedback.

-Wayne
Wowsers!
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard