Duck house top curling like a tater chip?
I built a wood duck house for my pond out of yellow pine. Holding up well except that the top is curling up and looks like a tater chip. It is about 12" by 14" and was made from a wide board that I had.

I thought about making a new top by cutting some YP into 2" wide strips and edge glueing these strips to make a new top. Also thought about glueing two 2" wide cleats and glueing to the underside of the top to prevent it from curling up. Should this work or will the expansion of the wood cause the top to crack because the cleats?

Thanks
If curling because one side is wetter than the other.  In the open field, my birdhouse roofs are super dry outside, while down by the pond the roof on the wood duck house stays damp in the shade.  Don't let it bother you if it's merely cosmetic.  You can put a cleat on with screws in V bores with the wide toward the roof to allow for movement if you like.  Depending on how much curve you have in the annuals, it might still crack from being held flat. 

Cedar shingles are a nice solution for the roofs, on good slopes to shed water fast.  Guy up the road makes some nice ones.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
I've probably got close to a 1,000 Woodie boxes out there, some of them look terrible. They are the ones the ducks seem to favor. Don't sweat the cosmetics, spend your time making a few more boxes, the ducks will appreciate that more. You a DU guy?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Nothing is perfect in nature, and the Ducks know that!!!
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

Most of mine are cedar....think theres 2 with osb.  
Crazy

The woodies don't care.  
Laugh

Ed