What is your most prized project?
this was shortly after getting into scrollsawing. i saw the plans and just had to build it. theres a motor to make the tools run and the deer and tree up top are on a turntable,too

[img=720x720][Image: 181563_1874761073457_5688806_n_zps3tctn52n.jpg][/img]
The piece most important to me was this Cherry Thimble Display case I made for my daughter for her return from a deployment to Bagdad Iraq:

[Image: 686BFC56-EB3C-4F75-B455-6503256C0CFD_zpsfdtztbiv.jpg]

The project that expresses myself is this William & Mary Blanket Chest in Walnut for my granddaughter's college graduation:

[Image: Oblique_zpsm00etx6b.jpg]

[Image: image.jpg1_zpsxs0ke2hz.jpg]

The project I enjoyed the most was this George III Dresser in Cherry for my grandson:

[Image: Open%20Drawer%20Oblique_zpsl2i2jeqa.jpg]

[Image: Front%20view%20-%20doors%20closed_zpssmdomfcu.jpg]

I still have six more grandchildren to build something for so I'm always looking for the "perfect" project for each.

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
~4 months, an experiment, did not know if it would work.
It did, used for preparing substrate, (rectangles, squares, triangles, joinery etc.)
Pat Warner
The project that got me started in woodworking was probably the most satisfying of all; building a couple cedar strip kayaks. I had never done anything remotely associated with woodworking other than repairing stuff around the house. This project was the start of a truly enjoyable hobby.

[Image: Launch1.jpg]

[Image: Launch4.jpg]
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
It is not the best picture but it is my most cherished project. I will never get to see it again though.

My fathers urn.

Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

That looks like a gold honors braid she's got there...congrats to your graduate!  
Smile
Thanks she's a winner! Loved the Blanket Chest too.

Many great pieces displayed by everyone here
I don't know that I have a "most prized" project. Most of my enjoyment comes from the pleasure my work gives to others. My most complicated project was a hunt board I built for my wife several years ago. I made some mistakes on it that mar it in my mind, but she loves it; so it is pretty high on my list of favorites:

[Image: DSC_2020Medium.jpg]

More recently, I built a double chest of drawers for my daughter and son-in-law. It was not as technically challenging as the hunt board, but complicated enough. They love it, so I'm happy with it.

[Image: IMG_1629_zpsovohrr03.jpg]

My daughter is a painter. Several years ago I built her a large studio easel using 80/20 aluminum extrusions and related linear motion components with a white oak base and adjustible canvas rest. It will hold very small or very large canvases and she can raise or lower the canvas as much as four feet by simply pulling it up or pushing it down by hand. It was a very interesting project. She loves it and uses it all the time, so it is among the favorite things I've built.

[Image: Nov-Dec%202011%20024_zpseuv8qstm.jpg]

My personal favorite is my workbench. I use it every day and I love it:

[Image: IMG_4227small.jpg]
Wow! some very impresive work. I dream big, but still have not finished several projects.  My most inovative and one I am very proud of is my pantry.  I built it to use the space in an angled closet over my basement stairs. Dan

I'll go with this one, because I made it for my daughter. This was years ago. It was her 7th birthday present, and one of the first things I built from wood.

[Image: Heart%20table%20complete-M.jpg]

[Image: Heart%20table%20-%20heart%20inlay-M.jpg]

She designed it. I just cut and glued. Note the cubist rendering of the top.

[Image: Heart%20Table%20Plans-M.jpg]

We went to Woodcraft to look for wood, and they had purpleheart, redheart and yellowheart. The heart table was born from that fluke. The pointy, curly heart tip was her idea.

She's in college now.

[Image: Allison%20with%20heart%20table-M.jpg]
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site