My Generator Won't Start
The statistics show that if you haven't got it going within 100 posts, there is little chance of an easy fix.
Laugh
(11-19-2016, 02:53 PM)AlanBienlein Wrote: Any update if you got it working yet?

No. Other things that have to be fixed or done 'now' keep cycling in. The new controller board is sitting on my desk. I've got time off from work this week, we'll see. According to B&S I don't need to do anything except plug this new board in. I've already verified that at least the connector is the same as the old. He also said no schematic since it's a part that is still shipping. There's a switch on the new board that I'm not sure what it does.
(11-19-2016, 08:30 PM)crokett™ Wrote: No.  Other things that have to be fixed or done 'now'  keep cycling in.  The new controller board is sitting on my desk.    I've got time off from work this week, we'll see.  According to B&S I don't need to do anything except plug this new board in.  I've already verified that at least the connector is the same as the old.  He also said no schematic since it's a part that is still shipping.   There's a switch on the new board that I'm not sure what it does.

Just wondering, are there any updates on the generator with the new control board?  I also have a Briggs and Stratton home standby generator/transfer switch combo, and I'm currently looking for a control board for it (B5111GS).  I discovered your post regarding this while searching the internet, and I too am considering 191652GS.  
Did it work?  And what does the switch on it do?
Wow. This is an oooold thread. So the update is, it's working. I thought I posted this a while back, maybe not. Anyway, short version is I got rid of the control board entirely. I used the tech troubleshooting instructions for how to bypass the control board (jumper the fuel solenoid and the existing switch) and got it to run without the control board. So, yes it's running but without the control board. After I got it going with jumpers I rewired it permanently to switch the fuel solenoid. It's a manual start/stop. that's ok with me. If you are serious about the control board, PM me. Due to the time difference I got the replacement part and when I figured out I didn't need it, I couldn't return the board. I think I still have it in the shop somewhere. I was going to list it on Ebay. It's basically NIB. If I have it I'll sell it to you for a considerable discount over new.
(01-17-2018, 03:30 PM)blturner188 Wrote: I discovered your post regarding this while searching the internet, and I too am considering 191652GS.  
Did it work?  And what does the switch on it do?

That's exactly how many of us found WoodNet.

Searching for something and landed here. I was too cheap to buy kitchen cabinets and wanted to make them. With the help I got here, I made them and they looked great... now I have a bunch of cool tools .. Bonus!

It's a nice place, hope to see you again.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay