My Generator Won't Start
Here it is

Just an FYI, the pic was working. Now I can't see it. I can see your repost.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

Looks like a burnt spot on the board.    If it is that may be the problem.    Did the board burn up at that point or did a hot lead hit it ?  If a hot lead hit it it is probably toast.      Don't count on applying voltage to unit will make it work.  Roly
(11-03-2016, 03:51 PM)Roly Wrote: Looks like a burnt spot on the board.    If it is that may be the problem.    Did the board burn up at that point or did a hot lead hit it ?  If a hot lead hit it it is probably toast.      Don't count on applying voltage to unit will make it work.  Roly

I'll just go a little further and advise against applying any current to that board.
I'm not sure where that spot came from. I don't recall seeing it while we were testing and I've got nothing hot in there.
(11-03-2016, 04:00 PM)crokett™ Wrote: I'm not sure where that spot came from.  I don't recall seeing it while we were testing and I've got nothing hot in there.

There is a bad component there, something went super-nova.

Look on eBay for any discernable part #'s on the board, see if you can find an exact match. If it is cheap enough, just swap the board, see if the generator powers-up.
That board is toast.  The unit won't run properly until its replaced.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

I've already been looking and can't find the board. Briggs no longer makes it and according to their email there is no replacement part. I'm going to call them tomorrow. If anybody wants to try, the PN is B5111GS. That being said, is it possible to rewire this thing to run without the control board if I'd planned on it being a manual start/stop anyway?
I have a Kohler 12kw standby generator where the control board went out. The part cost over $850 to replace, plus labor. A new generator cost approximately $3000. It did not pay me to spend over 1/3 of the cost of a new generator to fix a 10 year old unit. I bit the bullet and bought a new one.
Dumb Q:  Have you tried starting the generator with the (cable) harness to the board disconnected?

Where to the leads from the harness go?

Also dumb Q: Is there a schematic for the board available from the manufacturer?