Getting e-mail notifications

1) On the old software, I'd get an e-mail telling me I had a private message.  That's no longer happening.  Is such a feature available on the New WoodNet?

There's also no signal, when I open up the HandTools forum that is my usual first stop, that I've got messages waiting - unless the new signal is too subtle for me (always possible).

2) When I save a post, I'm offered the choice of getting e-mail notifications of replies. I checked that on a recent post, but it didn't work.

My e-mail is properly saved in my profile.  Is there some authorization I have to do that will allow the software to use it?
  Re: Getting e-mail notifications by Bill_Houghton (1) On the old softwa...)
Bumping this in hopes that someone can help.  I'm still having the same problems.
All those settings are in your User CP (top left of screen)

Top right of screen (down a little), if you have a PM, it will be noted there. No more flashing death pm's like the old software.

Slosh around in your settings and chek the e-mail notification button for subscribing to emails.

It seems the Admin is not reading mine.
It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

Hi, I'm Arlin's proud wife! His brain trma & meds-give memory probs and has pain from injuries, but all is well materially & financially.
It's my understanding that it was sys admin who mass mailed all/most of the members with everyone's address open and in full view to anyone. This anyone apparently included Bryan Palme who spams those of us affected. The moral of this tale is if you allow an e-mail anything to these people, I'd suggest you make up a throw away address, you wouldn't be upset if it was misused by those you are trusting to keep it confidential.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Gmail has decided that Woodnet here is also spam. Laugh  I just found this reply and 5 others in my spam box.

I was told it was my ISP's fault.

Was no problem before the software update, but now it's my ISP's fault...... Confused

Why do I get a last message link for each thread on my mobile device but not on any desktop computer? It'd be nice to have it everywhere.
MKM - Master Kindling Maker