One more Saturday Lie-Nielsen offering
I have a No 4 bronze Lie-Nielsen smoother which has seen minimal use in my shop.  It is in excellent condition and wicked sharp. Manganese bronze, is a strong, hard alloy that won’t rust, and is even less prone to cracking than ductile iron (both options are superior to traditional cast iron plane bodies, which are notoriously prone to cracking and oxidation), which you will appreciate if you ever drop it on a concrete shop floor. It is also heavier than iron, which I consider a benefit when I am using a hand plane, as it promotes chatter free removal of stock. Plus, it’s just plain gorgeous, which I suspect is the real reason that I choose that option.

• 9-1/2" long.  45º standard angle frog
  • Blade is 2" wide x .125" thick.
  • Bronze body, 4-1/2 lbs.
Fine Woodworking's "Best Overall Smoothing Plane"

[Image: IMG_5889.jpg][Image: IMG_5888.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5891.jpg][Image: IMG_5890.jpg]

I would like $280 plus shipping.  That is 20% off new for a superb, flattened and sharpened plane
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
Reduced to $275 plus shipping. This is less than 80% of new for a plane in excellent condition. If it doesn't sell here, it will go to the dreaded auction
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
This is a great plane at a good price. The bronze is awesome.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
PM sent