CA Finish
Once again, thanks all for the information and advice.  After  reading your response and talking with folks at Woodcraft (super good fo1k), I've decided to stay with GF High Performance which I have used for the past 2 years.   I have to wear a Chemical mask when using CA glue.  Don't know what I was thinking.  Me and CA fumes don't get along. 

Dave
Do you apply the clear coat and poly while your bottle stopper is on the lathe?  What's your process?  Thanks.  I'm always looking for ways to improve my technique.
Bill,
    I apply the finish "off" the lathe.   I mount  the stopper on a 3/8" - 5" long dowel,  place the dowel against my chest and apply the finish with my right hand, using a 1/2" wide foam brush, while slowly rotating it with my left hand.   I drilled 3/8"holes in a scrape 1x2 where I place the dowels, with stoppers, while the finish is drying.  
     I don't use a sealer.  The first coat acts a sealer.   Once the first coat is dry, the stopper goes back on the lathe for light sanding.  First coat always raises the grain.  Depending on how rough the surface is, its sanded with 400 or 600 then 1500 mesh.   Second coat usually requires only 600 then 1500.  Third coat is usually 1500.  Objective is to get a baby butt smooth finish.   The first thing that women customers do is to "feel" the stopper.

Dave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L4-xoDINg4