Very interesing planer

I never knew such a machine existed.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
you have to wonder how often they need to sharpen the blade
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(10-16-2016, 08:50 PM)Cecil Wrote: I never knew such a machine existed.

A company (I can't remember which one) was marketing something very similar 30 years or so ago. Clearly, the old one wasn't as sophisticated as this, but it was the same basic principle.

Very cool .
Yes
"These new regulations are going to fundamentally change the ways in which we try to avoid them" 

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you"

reminds me of a meat slicer only backwards
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Didnt Hitachi make a much simpler version of that ?
Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.
Ayn Rand

So that is how they make the faces for plywood!

I always wondered how they got it so thin.  
Winkgrin
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
It was either Hitachi or Makita,  I think Makita.  Worked similar, the blade was on the bottom and it was able to rotate to adjust the skew.

Update: after a google search, I think Hitachi, Makita and Ryobi have all made something similar.  It seems to be a design that was limited to the Asian market though.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: 341748791_4dda5ae21e_z.jpg?zz=1]
[Image: DSCF0033.jpg]
Looks like it is intended to compete in one of those longest hand plane shavings contests they have in Japan.
Around $30k I think..
Neat tool.  The Marunaka website says their carbide blade is rated for 1,650' of hardwood and their disposable carbide blade is rated for 4,600' of Japanese Cypress.  No prices listed but on other sites it looks like used machines start at about $4,000.  I'd love to see one up close.