Dust Collector Advice
Minimum 3hp. Anything less may struggle with the planet.
Don
All, thanks for all the advise!   I now know what to look for in used or what to buy if I decide to buy new.  If I cant find anything used in the next few days I will go for the Jet vortex.
(10-17-2016, 01:07 PM)barnowl Wrote: The Jet 1100 with the 2 micron canister is all the dust collector you'll ever need.

I have it's predecessor for quite a few years, from before the vortex cone, and it serves me well.

Jointer, planer, drum sander, table saw, router table, etc.

One at a time, of course.

Oh, you can buy it at your price point with a regular bag instead of the 2 micron canister, but the canister is well worth the upgrade.

I totally agree with this!!  I will add that when dealing with MDF and other products personal respirator is still an absolute necessity.

I have this unit when I put in my ducted system I figured try it first just to see what it would do rather than buy a new blower.

Guess what?  It works fine.  Pulls saw dust from my TS 25 feet away, and even with a cyclone!!

In my case I've vented outside and I think this negated the CFM degradation of the cyclone.