Jet ads
(10-25-2016, 09:45 PM)iclark Wrote: The Jet ads that bother me are the ones about standing behind the work.

Bad advice from folks who make table saws.
Eek

It an Advertisement, not a lesson in shop dos and donts, or a fashion show. Get something to really worry about.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

(10-25-2016, 11:11 PM)MikeBob Wrote: It an Advertisement, not a lesson in shop dos and donts, or a fashion show. Get something to really worry about.

IMHO, ads should never advocate stupid behavior.

Of course, if you never experienced a kickback on a TS or had a bowl come part on a lathe, you will not see the irony of the ad.
Rolleyes
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
The ones that bug me the most are the ones in the spring with an 18% price increase.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.