photo post
Photo 
Just trying to post a photo of a long-ago project that's stored in Photobucket.  

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/jihhwo...sort=3&o=0
Joe
Well done,beautiful job. Love the design.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Here you go.

[Image: PoplarandPurpleheartboxwithCarole_zps83f60321.jpg]

Joe,

Pretty box.

When you click on the thumbnail of the photobucket photo you want to post to bring up the full sized photo, look to the right of the photo and you'll find a box of links entitled "Share This Photo." The bottom link is labeled "IMG." Copy the IMG link and paste it in your WoodNet post. The photo will appear in the post where you pasted the link.

To copy the Photobucket link, select it by tapping on it with your finger. That should bring a pop-up menu with several options. Click on "select all" then on "copy. Go back to your WoodNet post. Tap the post with your finger where you want to paste the link, then tap "paste" from the menu that appears. The link will appear as text. When you preview your post or post it, the photo will appear instead of the link.
That should do it. Hope this makes sense.

Hank
Nice!!! Is the wood still purple, if Purple Wood I heard it turns brown over time. Or is it a dye job?
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

Thanks for the kind words and specific instructions on posting.  The purpleheart hasn't changed color (so far); nor has the poplar.
Great looking box. How did you apply the top inlay? What finish did you use ? The purple heart looks awesome.
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. "HF"
Finish is paraffin.  (Paraffin adds no color; that's why I like it.)  The poplar accents between the purpleheart aren't inlay; they pass through the entire depth of the lid -- so that the top consists of three narrow strips of poplar and large, oddly-shaped pieces of purpleheart
Lovely box.

Just curious, if the banding is solid were you concerned with the strength of cross grain glue-ups?
What Hank said
Yes  
Yes

Nice box BTW

[Image: PoplarandPurpleheartboxwithCarole_zps83f60321.jpg]
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
The cross grain glue-ups haven't been problematic, but only time will tell.   I use Weld-Bond adhesive for almost everything I make.  No trouble yet.  KMFC (keep my fingers crossed!)