Size of pen blanks?
Question 
I will be cleaning out the shop as soon as the wind drops so it is safe to build a fire. What is the recommended size for pen blanks in case I find some scraps that are just too pretty to burn?

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
3/4" X 3/4" X 5-6" are the standard size for pen blanks.
Cut with the grain, not across it.
What Herb said is correct.  You can also search sites that sell pen blanks.  They usually include dimensions.  Craft Supply USA, Woodcraft, Rockler, WoodturningZ.  Those are a few.  There are a few pen kits that require 1"x1"x6" blanks, but 95% of pens can be made with the 3/4 x 3/4 x 5 blanks.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Thank you. I will keep an eye out for distinctive grain or spaulting.

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
In case you have some short stubbies, the bottle stopper blank sizes that Penn State sells are 2"x2"x2-1/2" or 1-1/2"x1-1/2"x2". The larger size does well for bells or fancier shapes.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.