Think your hand plane is sharp?
This is amazing. Wait until you get to the 12" (+/-) wide plane ribbons!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8JgDKuOP10
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
That is some incredible planing.  None of my tools are near that sharp.  I would like to get a lesson in sharpening from those guys.
Simply amazing!
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

By far my best plane is a Kanna I got from Harrelson Stanley at one of the WIA gigs, think it was Berea. He had a tradition Japanese framer with him at the time, he was from Massachusetts, his first name was Jim, but I am failing his last name right now. He adjusted my Kanna to make ribbons that looked much like those in the video. Since I have sharpened it a few times, and I will never get that level of adjustment back
Upset
Upset
Upset But even with my poor technique, it's still a really thin slicing plane.

I truly believe the Kanna can make the thinnest shavings, but Western planes are by far the easier to adjust. Wilbur may disagree with me, but he gets a lot more practice than I do
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW