Student Gloat
My (adult) daughter has been bitten by the turning bug. 
She's been coming by my shop several weekends a month to turn, and coming with me to my club meetings and demos pretty regularly.  
We Spent a little time in the shop on Sunday. This is her first attempt at anything larger than pens, bottle stoppers, candle sticks, ornaments, etc.
Keep in mind, she has been exposed to turning since she was a small child, but she's never tried anything other than small spindle work and kits.

I think she nailed it. 
Satinwood. Spirit dyes
5-1/2" diameter

[Image: Capture_zpsfoiuehjw.jpg]

Time to set her up with her own equipment?
---------------------------
Czarcastic (Steven)

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
awesome!

Pretty impressive.... she's got an eye for it.
I think she nailed it too!
No do not buy her one.  That way she will have to come see daddy all the time.
Laugh

She did a fantastic job.  "Clap", "Clap","Clap","Clap"
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
She sure did nail it, beautiful job. Pass on congratulations to her.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
How nice you can share this with her. You do realize it is the "thin edge of the wedge"?
Wonderful work! How about a pic of the underside? (We are woodturners after all... :-)
I'd say she nailed it, talented lady...pretty good teacher as well.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.