Offerman on Colbert
http://digg.com/video/nick-offerman-colbert-wood

I've always liked Offerman's dead pan humor. He's promoting his new book and makes boards funny in a way only he and Colbert could.
I was logging on to share this same video. Offerman is a pretty funny guy and he really nailed this segment. As a dependable hippie myself (except for the strong aroma), I really appreciate his take on the cedar board.
That's the first time I've seen him actually laugh.
Benny

Was listening to the FWW podcast segment with him in it this morning on the way to work. He's a genuinely likable guy who I think I'd dig having a beer with. Sharp, committed to his craft(s) and darn talented in all of them (theatre, writing, comedy, and clearly woodworking.)

Respect from me for juggling them all quite well!

Michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
The book looks like it might be a fun read...has anyone read it (and opinion?)?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Yep – it's funny and charming. And the projects, from all the members of the Offerman Woodshop are fun – some simple skill-building things and culminating with a cool modern bed. And in between the projects, there are chapters on WWs Nick finds inspirational. I'll have a review posted on the PopWood Shop Blog by Monday. (There's an audio interview up already in case you're intersted: http://www.popularwoodworking.com/woodwo...g-new-book)
He came to our local university campus and gave a talk.  It was entertaining.  Not quite standup, not quite a performance, but quite engaging.
Doesn't anyone have the courage to comment on the design aesthetic of his table - those legs with that top?
I certainly don't.
Can you show the offending table in question??
(10-31-2016, 01:47 PM)YSU65 Wrote: Can you show the offending table in question??

For the legs
For the top