Help Identifying Old Jointer
Thanks guys for the information, the Beaver Tools machine looks interesting.  He thinks it's a pre 50's machine and uses some bearing numbers you probably wouldn't find in a Hitachi.

He just called, has pictures on the camera but no idea how to get them off.  His only computer access is at the library but I'll see if I can send him that Beaver picture.

He tried looking around at OWWM but too many 6" machines and like I said only computer access is at the library.  He did fax a drawing of his head so I'll see if I can match it up to anything but don't think I have a drawing for Beaver, or probably a lot of the older machines.

Beaver wasn't it, he said the extensions are on round rods that are about 3/4" in diameter.  Hopefully I'll get some pictures this weekend.

Said it was grey in color but don't see anything from Delta or Rockwell with pull out extensions.  Back then, a lot of stuff got painted grey from factory or otherwise.

If anyone can think of something else, let me know.

Thanks
Is he in Central FL?  I might be able to help him get some electronic pics depending on location.
No, he's in Southeast Michigan
Brian
Any chance that he is close to the lower mi thumb .? if yes I may be able to help
edit to add that is petty much in South eastern mi
Just to come full circle on this, customer found out it was from the 30's and made by Duro Metal Products out of Chicago.