Blumotion slides for file cabinet
I will be making couple file storage cabinets with a file drawer at the bottom and couple shallower drawers above. I have some Blumotion drawer slides that I would like to use. From a weight perspective I am sure the drawers loaded weight would be less than the rating for the slides, but when I look at commercially available furniture they use side mounted slides. Any reason beyond cost for not using undermount slides?
Cost and space is really it from my perspective, bear in mind that the Blumotion require a bit more cabinet space than side mounts, reducing the internal drawer space (or requiring a slightly taller case to achieve the same amount of storage.) However, the strength and stability, plus the quality of the glide to me warrants that (plus, as hobbyists, we get to use luxury items in our own designs
Smile)

I've used both Blum & Accuride, though I have the jigs and bits for the Blum - so generally they are my go to choice.

Cheers,
Michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
Cost is King on any manufactured product. But I can picture some old guy saying I dunno, we always used side mounts, 27 years, and they haven't failed us yet.....................
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Looks like no big downsides.  I will proceed with this plan as I really like these slides much better than the side mounted slides for aesthetic reasons.
can you mount a blumotion by the bottom?  How does it mount in the back?  I want to put slide-out drawers to my cabinets, and it would be easiest to mount them to the bottom of the cabinet.  

Is there a good place to buy them?  Amazon starts to add up pretty quickly
I'm thinking he's talking about the Blum 563 series slides. They are mounted to the web frame and the underside of the drawer. They can be mounted to the front & back of the cabinet only with an additional bracket in the back if needed.
I bought mine from AH Turf.
Every file draw I've ever seen had heavy duty side mounts.
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
Yes, I am talking about thr Blum Tandem undermount slides. I will mount these to the sides of the case.