Handtools for sale: beam drill, #4, #5, router plane
Wink 
Hello Woodnetters,

I have decided to unload some of the hand tools that are in my way or that I personally hate. I am trying to ask fair prices and I am not keen on making a killing. If any of my asking prices are way out there, just let me know, I don't take anything personal, not even death threats. All items plus exact shipping cost (if I ask too much, I return the difference). I prefer USPS Priority or UPS, whichever is cheaper. Conventional PayPal only (not friends and family). I will take the 3% fee hit and you sleep well knowing you're covered if I turn out to be a scam. First come, first serve. And just because I like you folks, all asking prices are negotiable.

This will be a multipart message because of photo limitations.

1. Beam drill that I have been tripping on multiple times. This was bought at a local auction 3-4 years ago because it's so cool. I have no use for it, and worse, I have no place to store it. It's been sitting on the floor in front of my router table for about a year now. It can be tilted so you can drill at (almost) any angle you desire. The original chuck is still there, but most people I see have added a Jacobs type modern chuck on these. The arms fold.  The mechanism that brings up the chuck works pretty well. Sometimes it drop and you just have to crank in reverse a few more times to bring it back up. I don't know that any of these drills are clockwork on reverse. The apologies: one screw where the arm folds is an eyesore of a replacement, and one of the teeth on the return pinion is broken. Asking $225.

cheers,
wm_crash

Additional beam drill photos:

cheers,
wm_crash

2. SOLD Stanley router plane. The depth adjustment wheel is VERY tight. You need pliers to get it running. Other than that, it all seems there. You look at the photos and you ask the questions. If I didn't have the LV router plane, I may get it working. I bought it at the same auction where I got the beam drill, and I used this router plane just as much as I used the beam drill. Asking $45 (SOLD)

cheers,
wm_crash

3. SOLD A Stanley corrugated #5 and a NON-STANLEY corrugated #4, both BLADELESS. Why bladeless? The blades they came with were crappy and I have no idea where they are now. I upgraded to Hock, so I am keeping the blades. I am letting these go because I am getting out of the corrugated business. They are flat enough to use (if that keeps you from buying them, I can pull out the straight edge and feeler gauges). Any gummy crap you see is not rust, it is paste wax. Asking $25 for the #4, $35 for the #5, or $50 for both (SOLD)

cheers,
wm_crash

And last item in list:

4. SOLD A paperweight in the shape of a BLADELESS NON-STANLEY #8 body. Corrugated sole, messed up right hand blade adjustment screw. I hate that right handed screw because the depth mechanism is exactly opposite to what you expect. This is probably not even worth the shipping cost, but if you're hurting for a #8 body, it's here. If you are collecting items that drive people nuts, this is also a perfect pick. Asking $15 . . . did I mention this may not even be worth the shipping cost. SOLD

PM or public offers right here in this thread are fine. I am not keeping anything secret.

cheers,
wm_crash
PM sent re router plane.
If gunnermac doesn't take the router plane I will.
Alright, got quite a few PMs about the items here. I am slowly going through them and giving people a reasonable time to reply to me, which is why it's slow. I don't want to assume someone is bailing out just because they are stuck in a traffic jam or something, and can't reply in 5 minutes.

cheers,
wm_crash
Money for Router plane should be in your Paypal account now.

Thanks
Router plane is sold. thanks much, gunnermac!

Just to clarify, I hate to upset people. I got a bunch of PMs asking details, pricing, combined pricing, you name it, it's there. And I replied to them. But in the end, the only thing that gets your name on the item is payment.

cheers,
wm_crash
Highly suggest WN members think twice about buying from this new member. His practices are much different than the norm we have come to expect.
The #8 body and frog has also been sold. thanks!

cheers,
wm_crash
The #4 and #5 plane bodies are also gone. If anyone wants to make a daring offer on the beam drill before I send it to eBay, go ahead. The worst that can happen is that I will politely decline.

cheers,
wm_crash
Router Plane

I received the router plane today via USPS.  It was exceptionally well packed; even the postal rough handling could not have hurt it.  Shipping was fast  -  as soon as payment was received by WM_CRASH it was shipped.  Condition is equal to or better than described.

I am very happy with my purchase and would buy from this member in the future.