Whats a Lie-Nielsen #4 worth?
I had a kitchen project about 10 years ago that I bought a LN #4 bronze plane for and haven't used it since.  Never sharpened (it was sharp enough for me and I did not want to screw it up) and used only to level out a few cabinet doors I should have glued flatter. Thinking of putting it on S&S but I thought I venture down here to see what you guys think it's worth before I post it.

Thoughts?
New they are $350.  You should be able to get $275 easily if you include shipping.  Probably more than you paid for it 10 years ago.
You'll get a range of responses here, I'm sure. LNs tend to hold their value pretty well, so first look up the current retail price of the plane. A really pristine LN can sometimes fetch up to 90% of its sticker price new, but 75% might be more realistic in S&S. As usual, the higher the asking the price, the longer you may have to wait for a buyer, and vice versa. (You are also allowed to say OBO--or best offer--along with your asking price.) Whatever price you ask, be sure to include several pictures from different angles. The better the pictures, the more likely you will be to sell your plane.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Couple recent ones sold for $275 - $289 plus shipping here. I know because I purchased one of these.
I've bought some Lie Nielsen stuff from Woodnetters, too. I guess I'm willing to pay 80 percent of new value if a plane or saw is in really good condition, and even more if it's pristine. It's good stuff, and it doesn't matter to me if it's used. It doesn't diminish the quality or usefulness of the tool. I know other woodnetters disagree however: they want a better deal.
If you list it on eBay with international shipping, you'll probably get $400 for it. International buyers like to bypass import VAT taxes and buy straight from US sellers.
Just what I was looking for, thanks all.
a number 4 that is 10 years old will have the old style chip breaker which will make a difference to a lot of people. you'll want to take a pic of that or point it out to avoid some grief. might mean $25 or $30 less but it beats a return if you sell on ebay.
What was the change to the chip breaker?
The early L-N chip breakers were heavier versions of the Stanley design, featuring the arched area that contacts  the plane iron just behind the cutting edge.   They later designed the "improved" machined version that is used now.  I personally don't see that alone making a difference in the resale value of a Lie-Nielsen plane.  A few models in the L-N line-up have evolved more significantly in design over the years.  For example,  I have two 164 bevel up jack planes; a current one and a version made early on.  They have totally different castings, and the older one has a highly varnished tote and carbon steel cutter.  I notice no difference in performance however.