36"Crescent BS in Tx
Morning woodworkers,well if you own a commercial shop or one heck of a serious hobby woodworker and you are looking for just one BS that will take care of your needs no matter what they are then this fully restored BS is just for you. Its a 36" Crescent for the 60's that was completely taken apart down to the last screw cleaned/painted with SW's industrial paint. Upper/lower guides was rebuilt by Woodworker Tool Works which cost what a good 14"BS would sell for. 

Being 36" this saw is so quite smooth and weights in at around maybe 1600 lbs. Yes it is 3-phase which I run it on a rotary phase converter and you can do the same in your single phase shop or install a VFD to run on your 240 volt single phase input. 

Why am I selling and not posting pics? My woodworking days are slowing down, I'm getting older and just don't do it as much as what I use to do. Oh this BS comes with a mobile base so that you can roll it around your shop.

Pics? I can text pics of the saw, but if you're serious google this BS you will know what one looks like. Call or text or email, leave a VM if I don't answer. I don't carry my phone around with me. Guys this will fit in a shop with 8'ceilings, its about 7'6"tall.

Guys a discount will be offed if you are seriously looking for a BS of this size which will be discuss while we are looking at the BS together,for trade consideration to offset the cost I am looking for a PM 87

Carroll

$2800.00 

PM me for my phone #
Texas is a big place. You might want to narrow it down a bit.

DFW? Houston? Austin/San Antonio? El Paso? Amarillo?

Out of curiosity, I googled, and there were lots of different models of "36 crescent band saw", some with enclosed wheels, some without.

You might post one pic, and offer to send more.

Just suggestions.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
[attachment=468]Your right thank you for asking,that info would help.But like myself most of the time I have to drive for hrs when I find something that I want,so I figure that maybe someone in Tx may want a BS of this size.But I am just north of Houston on Hwy 59 or 69,right off the freeway, I also have the original manual on it says B36-16.Guys have this listed on CL's which when I posted the ad I really was not fully into selling it but just testing the water I guess.My mine is made up now and it needs to go to someone who will use it,going to move to a smaller place I hope means less property taxes which means maybe retirement may be in the future for me
Wink I hope

Attached Files Image(s)

Holy crap! What a beautiful monster! Wish I had a home for that!
--
Michael Dow
Seabrook, TX
Discount for members,just remind me when you come to pick it up 
Smirk
If only I had a way to get this to Pennsylvania, I'd either find a place for this saw or build one.
Jason

Call the guys on "Shipping Wars" and have them underbid each other for the lowest shipping price!
Sad 
I'll be a buyer in about a year...
Sad
Big Grin 
Dang,I though this would be gone by now.Bass send me some money[Image: biggrin.png] its yours
woah - that's a gorgeous machine, which appears to have been well restored. Beautiful! I thought they weighed more than that though - certainly not an owwm expert, though I do drool over them frequently
Smile

If I was in the market, it'd be mine, but alas, all I can offer is a compliment to a great restore and wishing you luck on a quick sale!

Michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem