Auriou carving chisels NIW- REDUCED
Two years ago I had the dream of becoming a carver. As was typical me, I went out and got what I consider and excellent set of carving tools, Auriou.  "This exceptional 7-piece set gives you many carving choices: deep gouges for shaping, medium for modelling, flat gouges for smoothing surfaces, and the ever-useful V tool; and with these tools you’ll have the means of carving a wide range of subjects."  The carving dream fell through and I realize it is time to thin the heard down to just the things that I actually use.

The 7-piece Auriou Carving Chisel Set includes:

# 3 x 8mm (5/16in.)
# 3 x 14mm (1/2in.)

# 6 x 8mm (5/16in.)

# 6 x 14mm (1/2in.)

# 9 x 8mm (5/16in.)

# 9 x 14mm (1/2in.)

60 deg. V tool x 10mm (3/8in.)

Add to this an additional #9 x 20 chisel for a total of eight.  Of course with these exquisite tools, one needs some place to keep them, I also bought the 12 pocket leather tool roll.

[Image: IMG_5915.jpg][Image: IMG_5916.jpg]
If you are unfamiliar with Auriou, except for a brief period in 2007, Auriou has been hand forging tools since 1856. Two hand tool enthusiasts re-started Auriou in 2008 with the new name of Forge de Saint Juery. 4th generation rasp maker Michel Auriou is the hands on manager of the forge.

"Auriou do not outsource the forging of blanks, grinding, heat treatment or stitching. Our skilled workforce have the necessary skills to make the fine tools that carry the Auriou name. The Auriou quality, performance and brand is respected worldwide.  All Auriou tools are made at Forge de Saint Juery, home of Auriou Toolworks."

These tools are brand new with the plastic dip still over the end of each of them.  Several came wrapped in paper and are still untouched in that paper. The tool roll is new and unused as well, never having a tool placed into it.

I have the $300 set of seven plus the $47 extra chisel as well as the $80 tool roll.  I will take 10% off of the price of these new in the wrap chisels for a total of $312. If you buy the chisels, I'll  throw in the new $80 leather tool roll.  You get $428 worth of NEW Lie-Nielsen tools for just $312 plus shipping.  This is a total of $116 off for the best Lie Nielsen and Auriou has to offer
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill