10" Rip Blade
I agree that a table saw is a lot more than just a tool for ripping.  However, I have to disagree with accuracy of the Radial Arm Saw.  I have a DeWalt RAS that is over 60 years old, and this saw makes precision crosscuts.  I have never had an issues with this saw.  It stays aligned for long periods of time, and I wouldn't trade it for anything when it comes to making quality crosscuts.
I have a Delta rip blade that does a fine job on ripping but is hardly a thin kerf.  I have a Freud thin kerf rip blade that was quite inexpensive and does a good job too.  

Surprisingly the Freud blade does a reasonable job cutting up 1/4" thick ply (I was too lazy to change the blade and was pleasantly surprised by the result.  A zero insert would have made it entirely suitable for that purpose.  

Cheap enough and it saves material and uses less power on the rips.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
i found 2 thin kerf blades a a flea mkt both in package brand new Freud as far as ripping they do a great job seems as the guy that sold them to me was just wanting to get  them out of hands might have been warm
Rolleyes
south vietnam war collage
check out infinity. good prices and great blades.

http://www.infinitytools.com/saw-blades-...saw-blades
(10-24-2016, 08:04 AM)smoothjazz27 Wrote: I agree that a table saw is a lot more than just a tool for ripping.  However, I have to disagree with accuracy of the Radial Arm Saw.  I have a DeWalt RAS that is over 60 years old, and this saw makes precision crosscuts.  I have never had an issues with this saw.  It stays aligned for long periods of time, and I wouldn't trade it for anything when it comes to making quality crosscuts.

I agree. I also have an old Dewalt ras, and it's my go to, for crosscuts, unless it's small parts being cut. Then the small ts sled is used.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
I use a Forrest rip blade. It cuts so fast and easy that one should have all the safety  equipment on the saw and make sure you have a push stick handy before starting the cut. I was told that it was designed to be used with a feeder. I know there will be several people who will chime in about how they always use all the safety equipment and so on. But I live in the real world and this response in not the place for it.  I am saying that it cuts quickly and with little resistance and it is a good blade to be extra careful with.

Also I believe it is a 20 tooth blade not a 24 and not all teeth are flat toped so it gives a fairly good finish. Expensive, yes, but it also cuts edge sanding time by more than half.

Tom