Circle saw ripping video
Somewhere I saw a video where a guy was ripping with a handheld circular saw. I think he had a standard ripping guide on the saw but what was most interesting, was the fixture that held the board. It was a homemade sawhorse-like affair that held the board cantilevered. You could slip a board into this fixture in almost no time at all and be ready to rip with a completely unobstructed path for the saw and the operator. Anybody ever see this? Is it still on the Internet?
I don't want to brag, but some of my wood is on its 2nd or 3rd project!
The Kreg rip cut?

[Image: main_kreg_rip_cut_2.jpg]

Available at most places selling tools, and accessories.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Was it the Rockwell Jaw-horse? I can't seem to be able to paste an image.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
Huh, I've never seen a product all with the long URL addresses like this one has. Usually manufacturers want you to be able to spread the word.

This link from Amazoo has images
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
It wasn't a Kreg or jawhorse video although the jawhorse looks like it could hold the wood in the manner I remember. As I recall, the video shows a homemade sawhorse-like fixture where the weight of the board held the board cantilevered. The fixture must've been heavy or anchored to the ground to prevent overturning from the weight of the cantilevered board.
I think I remember that video now. The jig was essentially a piece of plywood with some holes in it that you stuck your board through so you could work on one end. Is that what you were thinking of?
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
lumberlok?

http://www.rockler.com/lumber-lok-plate-vise
Sounds like we might be talking about the same video but don't recollect plywood in the jig specifically. 

The arrangement I remember held the stock by one end, about waist high. It seems like 6 or 8 feet was sticking out. A man could walk alongside the board pushing a circular saw, making a long rip cut. The board was not held level. It sloped downward toward the fixture. The direction of cut was downward toward the fixture.

This arrangement would naturally want to tip the fixture over. I don't remember if the tipping was resisted by the weight of the fixture or some sort of anchorage to ground.

The Lumberloc is interesting and could conceivably be used to construct a fixture along the lines of what I've described but I don't think it was used in the video, unless in the form of a homemade version.