anyone seen this machine door lock ?
[Image: door%20lock_zpstuklxiui.jpg]An

Cant open this lock.   The obvious answer is that you turn the chrome knob to the right ..  I can tell you that I can turn it to the right for the next 24 hours, nothing will happen.  

If I turn it to the left,  it goes tight. 

If I try to loosen the 4 allen bolts,  the nuts that must be on the inside spin freely..  and I cant get them undone. 

I'm hoping someone has a lock like this and can say ..   " hey do this " .. and it will open..  

I was eyeing up the torch..  but then I decided to ask for help .
Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.
Ayn Rand

what do those 2 screws on the left hold together?   Then since I can't tell what type machine from the pic any chance the bottom is open if you laid it on  one side allowing you to reach up from the bottom?

an impact with the bit held at an angle might create enough drag on the backside of the allen heads to loosen up
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

MM bandsaw door? Mine is similar I think
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Some locks have a key. Short of having a key, have you pushed and pulled on the knob while turning? Does the manual not mention it?
Lee
Looks like a cylinder lock to me. High security stuff.
Someone does not want you in there for a reason.
Have you looked at the manual to see if you can figure out how it is put together on the inside? Maybe that would give you a clue about what's happening that allows it to just turn.  Also you might look to see if taking out those screws above would actually release the door. If that would work you might get enough friction on the nuts on the inside if you pull the screws out as you're turning them. Lift the heads with a pair of side cutters as you turn them with the driver.

Can you get something thin in between the door and the frame to feel the locking mechanism? Maybe you can unlock it that way?

Have you tried just pulling on the door to see if it'll open? Maybe the lock isn't actually holding it and there's a bit of friction somewhere else keeping the door closed.
The door may just be stuck- pull hard on it.

If that fails, you might try and loosen the screws the best you can then wedge a knife blade under the screw head and apply outward pressure as you turn the screws fast using a drill with the torx type bit.
Completely guess, but could it be a safety lock? Try pulling on it while turning to the right, it may need tension on the chrome knob to turn the latch inside.
Important questions not asked.

What is it on?

Do you own it?

If so provide a make, and model #, and people who understand how to use Google will provide a manual to you, and it will likely end your suspense
Rolleyes
Sarcasm
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
OP has evaporated.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020