Panel sled?
(10-23-2016, 10:33 PM)cputnam Wrote: As for the sled, I've gone the opposite route and use a track saw.  Happiness is.

Yeah. That would be nice. I can't justify popping for one though. I did seriously consider using my circular saw, a clamp-on edge guide and a large square. It's probably not too hard to figure out why I'm not going down that path!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
I have to agree there are, bring the tool to the work tasks where a track saw is the best, and then bring the work to the tool jobs where a smaller sled is perfect. Having the ability to be able to do both is very nice. That said if you have a circular saw you are comfortable with, you can easily make the tool go to the work by making a cutting shoe, or "the poor mans track saw".

[Image: ply3.jpg]

This was a Google image. On mine I always left more bottom to the off saw side of the cleat, so that I could clamp it down on critical cuts. The one pictured it would be hard to use a clamp of any type to hold it down. It might be slightly slower than a tack saw, but it can be just as accurate, especially using a plywood blade in the saw.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(10-23-2016, 05:14 PM)Splinter Puller Wrote: Another tip is to build the toe kick as a seperate full length unit.  This will make the cabinet sides 30-1/2" and grant you three sides from each 8' length of plywood.   It also saves you having to notch in a toe kick for each side piece.

I've done this.  And I like it.  It makes for more efficient use of the plywood, but also makes for a very  efficient install.

I started with a frame made from 2" x 4" which I put in place.  I leveled that frame with shims and then screwed down a plywood base over the frame.  Shimming the open frame was exceedingly easy as I could get to the rear of the frame by stepping inside the framing.  

After the top sheet was in place and all was level I simply dropped the cabinets in place.  This will be my go-to process for cabinets in the future.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.