Main Panel question
I wanted to figure this out for my panel, but the label is so covered with wiring that I haven't been able to read it.  Going to try again soon.  Subpanel is probably the best idea for me too though.
(10-25-2016, 01:43 PM)sroxberg Wrote: So If I drop a 60 Sub Panel about 10 feet away from the main panel running the wire in EMT what wire size and EMT size should I use?

60A requires 6-gauge copper if using THHN or THWN in conduit, using the 75C insulation column (65A).  Run two hots (can both be black or any other color other than white, gray, or green), plus 6-gauge neutral (white), plus ground of 10-gauge copper or larger.  Technically, EMT counts for the ground, but you may need bonded hubs and other precautions, and as I don't trust the connections, I would use an equipment grounding conductor anyway.

I believe 3/4" is minimum size EMT for four 6-gauge conductors with THHN/THWN insulation.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
The nice thing about subpanels is, you can completely kill them at the main load center.

So when I wire something in my shop (which is in my basement, and everything is wired to the main load center) I have to kill everything in the house.

Furthermore, the service is still hot at the top of the main load center, I don't have a disconnect I could use in front of it (short of pulling the meter).

In hindsight, I would have done a sub.  And may still do one at some point.