Filtch walnut and cherry, walnut shorts, mobile lumber cart etc Cincincinati
First, and apology - yes it's been a long time since i posted anything.  Life has been very busy between work that has kept me traveling and kids who are very busy in high school.  I have not had much time to do any woodworking.  Heck, my current project, a simple bookcase out of quartersawn spalted sycamore, has been sitting with prepped lumber in my shop for over three months, after a day of jointing and planing (my first real day in the shop at that point in nearly six months).  Yes, I still love woodworking, just not much time now.

Speaking of time and the seasons, the weather is turning and SWMBO has suggested that I clear out one of our garage stalls enough to slip a small car inside.  Makes sense.  I have filled my vertical lumber rack and I just have some lumber that doesn't fit.  I have things listed on CL for a quick sale, but thought I should list them here for those who live in or near Cincinnati (or those who want to drive on over).  Shoot me an email and let me know you are on WN, and we can talk price.  Some of the things price is firm, others have more flexibility

First is a filtch cut 6 foot 4/4 cherry, with 10 wide boards for $250.  Boards are mostly about 17 inches wide  CL posting with photos -  I just don't make anything out of cherry right now, and don't have the space to keep all the boards, and it should stay together.

Second is a filtch cut 8/4 to 10/4 cut Walnut, with live edge wide bottoms for $225 CL posting with photos  Note the inclusions at the crotch.  There are also some cracks on the boards, but LOTS of good wood and with a butterfly could make some great tabletops.  I just don't have the space.  Again, I thought these should stay together

Third is a smaller assortment of walnut with 8/4 and a 12/4 short with a nice figured crotch for $125.  CL posting with photos

Fourth is an odds and end collection of 8/4 walnut shorts, again live edge CL post with photos  Although priced at $80 right now, if you buy another lot, I'll have some flexibility here

Firth wood lot is an odds and end collection for someone looking to work different woods for $90.  A long 8/4 live edge Cherry, some 12/4 walnut, other walnut, some elm etc.  CL post with photos

I also have a shop made mobile lumber cart, on some very nice heavy duty wheels (two fixed, two swivel) loaded with dowels, lumber, and sheet goods.  CL post with photos  Looking for a reasonable offer here.  Included with this cart is a front rail from a Saw Stop ICS that I cut down to have a 30 inch fence, then realized I could fit a bit longer - duh - but someone might find a use for it (or resell it).

Some Solid Surface large cut offs  Listed for $30 or at less than $1/sf but I'm always open to offers here
Smile

My shop made drying rack  I made this when I was finishing my kitchen doors/drawers.  Easy enough to make one yourself, but they parts will cost you more than I'll take.

I also have some wooden sawhorses, but I'll show those when you come on over.

Some of these I priced low to sell quickly.  I will, however, honor a request from a fellow Woodnetter to hold things for a few days with commitment to buy as I have found that folks here are good to their word.

You can PM me, and I'll likely be checking every day or so, or respond via the CL ad and just give me your WN username.

I do hope to get back to more regular woodworking this winter, but for now my task is to clear out a garage that hasn't seen a car park in it for over 10 years.
Tools that are no good require greater skill.
Hey stranger, good to hear your still on top of the grass
Big Grin

I'll take

First is a filtch cut 6 foot 4/4 cherry, with 10 wide boards for $250. Boards are mostly about 17 inches wide CL posting with photos - I just don't make anything out of cherry right now, and don't have the space to keep all the boards, and it should stay together.

PM me, and we can get it together whenever you are going to be around. I'm still working Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, if somewhere around 3 to 4PM works on one of those days, let me know and I'll drive the truck to work that day.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Cherry is spoken for, but there is some nice walnut and I'd really like to find a nice home for that lumber cart.
Just to be clear on the mobile lumber cart loaded with goodies, For this group I am just looking to break even on my cost to build the cart which was 160.

I am not checking in here every day, so if you are interested if you reply via the CL listing and let me know you are a woodnetter. Thanks for looking
Rhino, it was great seeing you as usual. I'm happy with my purchase.

Folks if you are in, or around Cinci then Rhino has some deals here on the smaller odds and ends piles. I have to say the pics do NOT do them justice. Christmas is coming, cutting boards, and all other manner of do dads could easily be made from the stock there. I don't need Walnut but that thick, wide, crotchity, pile looked very nice. One thing is for certain, if you buy some wood this year at Rockler, or WoodCraft you paid too much
Big Grin

GW
Yeah, but you already pilfered the stuff I wanted!
Laugh
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Ok guys, I just called a building products reuse store. They are eager to get everything and will use retail prices for valuation, so it's actually a significant tax advantage for me to donate it.

First come first serve here though. Will have whatever I still have picked up next Friday, so don't sit on those hands if you are interested in any of it.
(10-26-2016, 06:06 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Yeah, but you already pilfered the stuff I wanted!
Laugh

Fred did I mention the pics didn't do that wide, swirly grained, awesome, Cherry any justice at all. Absolutely none at all
Big Grin

What were you going to use it for? I may have a bit more than I need for the project I have in mind. Sending you a PM about another thing. I know Rhino isn't interested, he's getting it gone, probably wouldn't want to be loading it back up.

GW
I noticed when we moved that I still had a fair amount of that cherry I bought from Donnie Fandango (he last pile before he left for Florida). With the new place, once the shop is up next year (I hope) I have quite a bit of stuff that needs built and I was hoping to do a lot of it in cherry...so the pieces would have been added to the stash for those upcoming efforts. Separately, I've been looking for 4/4 walnut for some time (at an affordable price) but Rhino's stuff is the thicker slabs, very nice thicker slabs, but still not quite what I'm after.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
You know where had a bunch of 4/4 Walnut last year from 50 bd/ft to 1000 bd/ft, average price for S&B was around 3.50. My job is to tempt you
Big Grin

I know, I'm bad. I got 4/4, and 6/4 it's purdy stuff too
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

GW