Rikon 25-210H Planer/Jointer
So I bought me a 12" combo Planer/Jointer. Made the wife help me get it into the basement shop. Removed the Jet 6" Jointer and the Delta Portable planer. Sold them on craigslist on a saturday morning in about 1.5hrs.
Smile
The Rikon finally got assembled and checked. It works wonderfully. Although I have only put one piece of 8" cherry 4' long through it, it worked flawlessly. Next step, cherry kitchen cabs.
See it here:
http://rikontools.com/productpage_25-210H.html
Saratoga, NY
Looks like a great machine.   I have the Jet JJP12 , with straight knives, and the machines look pretty similar in design.  Having the heilical head is a great upgrade.
That's a sweet little unit. I'd love to have one.
A couple of folks at work were asking about price. I will look it up. But, all of these units are drop shipped, if ya order on line. I waited a year until one vendor had something like 25% off sale, with free shipping. Should have got 2 and resold 1.
Smile
Saratoga, NY
500# and you and the boss got it into the basement....she's a winner and deserves to be taken out to dinner!
Yes 
Congrats....On the tool and the wife!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Fred, actually not that bad. I built a dolly, bolted the unit to it. Used a wench that attached to my trailer hitch on my truck and slowly lowered it down the basement stairs on tracks. Also brought up the old equipment the same way.
Just curious, but how is it packaged? The manual says shipping "carton." 

I assume it is on a pallet that you can get a pallet jack under. Is that true?
I can't imagine anything more than a 100-150 pounds not coming on a pallet. My jet came on a pallet and had a 1/2" plywood crate strapped to it.

Bur I'm not the OP, so just consider this a bump
Smile
-Marc

Where do you guys keep finding these agreeable wenches?
Joe, Yes it came bolted to a purpose built pallet. 
Phil, We find them by never using the word "wenches".
Smile