Fair price for a 6" Stanley 923
What would a fair price be for a 6" Stanley 923 brace? The one I was offered is a bit grungy, but works fine. The pad is tight and the ratcheting mechanism work as it should. I realize it's worth what I'm willing to pay, but I'm wondering what typical fair price is. I'd like to pick this one up up if it's a good price since I just missed a 12" 2101 for $26 and a 6" Sweetheart for $45.
Jason

Look up the eBay sales. What you want to know you'll find there.
Where I live (SE Michigan) braces normally go for $5-$10 at fleamarkets, estate sales, and antique malls. . Size, brand, and condition don't make much of a difference.
6" bit braces are much tougher to find and sell at a premium, as compared to the far more common 10" brace.

As far a giving you an actual "fair price" for the brace in question, I would need, at minimum, some good photos.

to Dave Ring (above) -- if you're actually passing up 6" braces at 5-10 dollars, you're missing an opportunity to turn a nice profit.
I don't pass up $5 or even $10 six inch braces if they are in good shape (or Yankee "Bell System" braces for that matter). Getting around to selling them is another matter.
The person wants $40 for the one I was offered. If it had been $25 I'd have agreed, but I'm doing some thinking at $40.
Jason

(10-26-2016, 04:35 PM)Jason28 Wrote: The person wants $40 for the one I was offered. If it had been $25 I'd have agreed, but I'm doing some thinking at $40.

That's a bit heavy, I sell 6" 2101s for $45 and they are harder to get and the best brace out there. I generally buy all 6" braces I can find, and when cleaned up and depending on condition and type I get between $20 and $30 regularly here in the S&S.  Absolutely pristine examples of a 923, maybe, just maybe $40.  So your instincts are correct from my perspective.

Edit:  S&S does require shipping, so figure that in too, but my prices would be the same at a swap meet.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis