anybody recognize this work bench?
http://huntsville.craigslist.org/for/5845476021.html

Looks store bought to me. Was wondering who makes it and if the price is right or maybe I should run

carl
It's a Sjoberg.
price is right.
If I needed another, I would get it. I have a Sjoberg myself, although a different model.
Semper Audere!
(10-26-2016, 09:29 AM)mbholden Wrote: It's a Sjoberg.
price is right.
If I needed another, I would get it. I have a Sjoberg myself, although a different model.

+1

I would add its incredibly priced for what it is, which is a quality bench by a quality maker, check how thick the top is, if 3" or so, its good.  If it were 5 times that asking price and I wanted a good bench, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

And yes, Carl, you should run, run right over there with the cash and buy it, you won't be disappointed.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I might just do that. I'll contact the seller and see if it's still available.

carl

It's still available. It's sitting in a thrift shop not too far from me. I might have to rescue it

carl
I love that ruler etched into the front edge.  I just rebuilt my very simple bench and the wood for the base cost more than that.

On the other hand, it has does have a junk collector (tool tray).
Smile

Steve
(10-26-2016, 08:10 AM)Carl Grover Wrote: http://huntsville.craigslist.org/for/5845476021.html

Looks store bought to me. Was wondering who makes it and if the price is right or maybe I should run

carl

The craptacular one that Harbor Freight sells looks quite a bit like that one.  They did rip off the small Slojberg design.  Been making them for years.

I'd be very careful to check it out first.  Top may not be thick except at the leading edge.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Bad news Gentlemen. It ain't no Sjoberg. It said "Great White" or something like that on the top. It was tiny too. The top is probably no more than 1" thick. The piece in front just makes it look thick. I knew it was a clunker the minute I laid eyes on it.

Oh well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I wouldn't have paid $20 for it.

carl
Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Stay away!!!  Harbor Freight.
Yeah that sounds like the HF rip off. It may fool you in a photo but as you said, the minute you see it you know it's crap.
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/