Big Sale Near Our Little Town
I usually drive 30 miles to a nearby city for tool hunting but this one is local for me:

http://eugene.craigslist.org/gms/5848281064.html

Looking hard at the pics and see no planes. What would likely be in the Bridge City boxes in pic #17?
Lots of toys. And , stuff.
darn.
That's one I would be very early for. I suspect that there are nice planes there, along with chisels. Too bad it's not within my range.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
I suspect she only took pics of what she considered attractive.  Judging by the shop size and other toys, there should be lots to pick over.  Pricing is the only question, she may consider it all gold plated.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

a Pickers dream.   Show up early and grab stuff quickly.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I've never seen so many roller stands outside a store.  Why would you ever need that many?
(10-27-2016, 10:19 AM)HomerLee Wrote:  What would likely be in the Bridge City boxes in pic #17?

Just a guess, but most likely layout tools.  The miter square and 3" adjustable square that are visible in that pic originally listed for +$80. They're only asking $15 for the 3", so could be some good deals.
You were going to shoot a bear with a nail gun?*likes this*
-carl
Well, I just got back from a tour/preview. Turns out the "Sister Act" conducting the sale is a person we've known for 30+ years and she was glad to let me look. A huge amount of stuff and priced such that you really, really need it for it to be worthwhile. For example the Tormek with accessories is $350 and the Leigh dovetail jig with accessories is $700 (I bought one not long back at an estate sale for $75). The bridge city stuff appears to be all marking items and I didn't bother to ask a price as each box was marked "blem". As for hand planes I was very disappointed; one Ace Hardware block plane and another plain Jane with a plastic adjuster knob that was broken.

Oh well, no stress now for an old man who would not sleep well and feel compelled to get up very early. Sunday afternoon might be another matter.
(10-27-2016, 06:12 PM)HomerLee Wrote: Well, I just got back from a tour/preview. Turns out the "Sister Act" conducting the sale is a person we've known for 30+ years and she was glad to let me look. A huge amount of stuff and priced such that you really, really need it for it to be worthwhile. For example the Tormek with accessories is $350 and the Leigh dovetail jig with accessories is $700 (I bought one not long back at an estate sale for $75). The bridge city stuff appears to be all marking items and I didn't bother to ask a price as each box was marked "blem". As for hand planes I was very disappointed; one Ace Hardware block plane and another plain Jane with a plastic adjuster knob that was broken.

Oh well, no stress now for an old man who would not sleep well and feel compelled to get up very early. Sunday afternoon might be another matter.

Or is this a Trick to get people to sleep in...

Sleep

Cool