Mortise and Tenon II
I just ordered - 0015 EDT
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(10-31-2016, 11:32 PM)cputnam Wrote: I just ordered - 0015 EDT

Yes  +1 but not quite to early in the morning.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Smile 
was only 9:15pm for me.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(10-27-2016, 06:48 PM)barryvabeach Wrote: I am with Simon.  I thought it was interesting, and certainly a different take that most other ww magazines, but wasn't really what I was interested in.

I'm with you guys. I read the entire issue, looked at what it cost me, and sent a check to Fine Woodworking for a years subscription.

The quality of the paper and presentation was very high, but to me the topic of the articles were an acquired taste.
I bought the first one, and I must admit that I liked it. However, I don't think that I'll be buying any more. $24 for a single magazine is ridiculous. Yes, it is beautifully printed, and yes, I'm sure a ton of work went into the production, but I just don't see a magazine at that price being sustainable. Suppose that they eventually end up as a quarterly magazine... are people going to spend $100 a year on a magazine subscription? I doubt it. My guess is that a lot of people bought the first one because of the novelty. I'd be curious to see where the sales numbers for issue two go.

I say all this reluctantly. And I hope I'm wrong. I'll gladly eat my words later. I think that unless they can find a way to drastically cut the cost per issue (down to about $10 or less), I just don't see it having longevity. That's a shame, because it is a good product and the woodworking world is better with Mortise and Tenon magazine in it. I just don't think it's worth $24. At least, it's more than I'm willing to spend.
(11-02-2016, 10:53 PM)MrWhite Wrote: I bought the first one, and I must admit that I liked it.  However, I don't think that I'll be buying any more.  $24 for a single magazine is ridiculous.  Yes, it is beautifully printed, and yes, I'm sure a ton of work went into the production, but I just don't see a magazine at that price being sustainable.  Suppose that they eventually end up as a quarterly magazine... are people going to spend $100 a year on a magazine subscription?  I doubt it.  My guess is that a lot of people bought the first one because of the novelty.  I'd be curious to see where the sales numbers for issue two go.  

I say all this reluctantly.  And I hope I'm wrong.  I'll gladly eat my words later.  I think that unless they can find a way to drastically cut the cost per issue (down to about $10 or less), I just don't see it having longevity.  That's a shame, because it is a good product and the woodworking world is better with Mortise and Tenon magazine in it.  I just don't think it's worth $24.  At least, it's more than I'm willing to spend.

The magazine for SAPFM is one issue per year, and quite focused in its content.  Granted, it is part of the dues for SAPFM (about $40/yr) and you have access to other things via your dues.  But if you don't use their forum or services, its a really nice $40 magazine.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin