Chinese pipe at Home Depot.
Plumbing leak this evening so I shut the water off and went to HD and bought one of each length pipe nipple that I might possibly use before they closed. Tore the plumbing apart and now the size nipple I need has a bad thread. #$%^&*()@?>". No water tonight. Glad we filled a couple jugs before I tore into it.

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
rectorseal 5 the yellow snot or teflon tape to fill the gaps
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

won't screw together far enough. only about three threads. 
Upset

Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
any chance you have another fitting you can force it through that won't be needed so in case it gets buggered up you don't damage what is in place?

or use a small file to clean up the threads? I imagine a dremel could get it done too if you have one
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I bought a pressure tank at Lowes, wasted 3 PVC connectors trying to get them screwed in, finally called my FIL contractor to come take a look, he wasted two more.    They'd screw in a few threads and then start going in cockeyed.

We concluded the threaded were buggered, took it back got another one and had no problems making the connections.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

I had that happen with a hot water heater I bought at Orchard only after everything was done with the exception of pipe off the over flow valve did I find it to be bad threads.  I went to Orchard told them the issue and had them comp a tap to fix in place

Phil Thien

luckily pressure tanks only have one connection, I get that started before I put it in place in the pump house.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

Yup those pre threaded pieces have need made in China for a while now. Same with their fittings. Neither are threaded enough. You can barely get a couple threads together with most of them. I usually run a tap in the fittings to get them sized right and a few times I have had to use a rachet threader on pipe to get it right as well.
These were copper fittings? I just had one with bad threads too.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I went to Tru-Value this morning and bought their Chinese fittings. They went together like they should and cost less. I would have gone there first but they weren't open late enough.  Took the junk back to HD and told the manager that their crap fittings made my family go without water all night and all morning. He said he was sorry.