New Friend - Amazing Woodworker
I met this guy at a Men's Retreat a couple of weekends ago.  He's a phenomenal woodworker and designer, and he teaches classes at the Ventura Woodcraft.  Thought some of you would enjoy some of his work.  His name is David Blackburn.  Hopefully the pic posts.  Otherwise, just click on the link and go to his gallery.

http://www.dbartwood.net/index/

One example:
[Image: index]
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I can see he has a little talent.  Some of it is amazing.  And some of it is like a pretty girl with way too much make-up.  There's a point where further embellishment detracts from an otherwise beautiful piece.  Just my opinion of course.  Still, his craftsmanship is topnotch, no doubt about that.  

John
Thanks. I love his work. I'm checking it out now.
Gorgeous work. I like simple like Quaker but I also enjoy gargoyles and all sorts of imaginative stuff.
He's spoken a couple times at our WW club and gives information freely, both design and technical.
His body of work spans the full range of decorative detail. The portion of his range that works for me has inspired and greatly enhanced my work.
(11-01-2016, 01:58 PM)jteneyck Wrote: I can see he has a little talent.  Some of it is amazing.  And some of it is like a pretty girl with way too much make-up.  There's a point where further embellishment detracts from an otherwise beautiful piece...

John

This is the difference between the historical styles to me.  Some of it is just toooo much.
reminds me of a mashup between David Marks and John Fry!