VFD's for 3 phase motor Help
A few years ago there were several threads on using VFD's to control 3 phase motors on single phase power.  I swore I kept the information.  Do you think I can find it
No
Upset

All I remember is I think everyone recommended the same brand.  I'm pretty sure they were purchased off eBay and I think I remember they were around $200.00? 

A fellow I work with is looking for one for a metal lathe. 

I await the brain trust responses.
Dave
"Amateur Putzing in Shop." Northern Wood on Norm 5/07

"Dave's shop is so small you have to go outside to turn around" Big Dave on my old shop
So I built a new shop.  (Picasa went away so did the link to the pictures)
I've heard good things about Teco but have no experience with them. My local HVAC company uses yaskawa for all there air handler motors and claim to have few issues. I wish I could be more helpful but I have no experience running or programming them to know what brand is best. just 2 brands I've heard are good. best of luck
ON the cheaper end I have used Teco and they perform as they should.  While many have good reports on the China direct versions on eBay there have been some horror stories as well.  While Teco is on the lower end price wise unless you need over 3hp 3 phase out they are my choice and I have never had a single issue with them.
Dealers Electric
chris
I have a 2hp Teco on my drill press. The VFD works great. The only problem I'm having is getting the pulleys to line up properly.
Doing it right cost less than doing it over
Somebody on here recommended FactoryMation.com to me...  They were *very* helpful and seemed pretty reasonable on price.

Dave
MKM - Master Kindling Maker
I have 3 Tecos and they are good, easy to wire external controls.

Duke
+1 on factorymation. Give em a call if you've questions, helpful folks, great prices. Teco and Hitachi are the 2 I have experience with, both good - both pretty simple to use. Just a price point difference
Smile

Michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
I seem to have a few. Hitachi wj200 and teco 7300 are really nice. Also have hitachi x200, Ge fuji mini 300, fm50 teco and all are good. Look at needs for external braking, add on panels for interfacing, external potentiometer, and number of smart relays as well as correct size. The $200 ebay Hyuang gets varying reviews. I pay the extra for hitachi personally.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Thanks to all that replied.  My coworker has ordered his drive.

doobes, thanks for the link to dealer electric, that one seemed to ring a bell to me.  It has been filed away.

bit_fiddler, factorymation, ding ding ding we have a winner.   When I asked about this a few years ago factorymation was the one that was mentioned more than once so I shared it with my coworker.  He couldn't find the information until you provided the link.
Dave
"Amateur Putzing in Shop." Northern Wood on Norm 5/07

"Dave's shop is so small you have to go outside to turn around" Big Dave on my old shop
So I built a new shop.  (Picasa went away so did the link to the pictures)