My review of the Nova DVR Drill Press
Rockler and Woodcraft will both be carrying them, I know Klingspor will as well.
I suspect that most of Nova's normal retailers will carry it.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Thanks for posting that. Don't know how I overlooked this one.

I can see a whole lot of uses for this, for wood and metal. The 
vast majority of time, folks drilling metal are not able to spin the
bit slow enough for instance.

Already own three drill presses, but if Santa wants to fit one in
the sleigh this year..... he he....
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
At 1:30 in the video, looked like it was running out a lot with the hole saw. The chuck itself seemed to be moving, not just the saw.

Rich
"Have a very small amount of things to work with." Henri Cartier-Bresson
(11-05-2016, 09:08 PM)richtes Wrote: At 1:30 in the video, looked like it was running out a lot with the hole saw. The chuck itself seemed to be moving, not just the saw.

Rich

As you probably saw earlier (even though I will use a DP almost exclusively for wood) I am still concerned with runout.  I will say that videos are notoriously hard to get a good idea of runout, the video did give me pause, but some/most of that runout might be cured by cleaning the mating surfaces.   This DP is on my radar but this is not a type of machine I would be an early adoptor of PERSONALLY.  The motors themselves are pretty well "tested" by the turners but I need a little feedback on the mechnicals (like runout) and the electronics (just some time in peoples hands to feel comfortable the MTBF isn't about a month).  If it had a full 5 year warranty I would be far more likely to get one sooner.
One item I did not point out in the video is that the quill shaft is contained in a housing that can be adjusted for tightness and fit. It can be set finely enough so that the quill can be moved by hand but not spring back. It can also lock the quill in place when desired. It does not nearly clamp. There I should a set screw and a clamping knob so the user can set the housing very precisely.

The circle cutter was able to cut 1/4" acrylic leaving behind a very smooth edge finish, and the rosette cutter is a tool that I have NEVER been able to get good results with on any drill press. I have only had success with it in my old mortiser because it too was direct drive.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
I would just like to get a nice drill press sometime no matter who makes it, however the easier the better.

If it is like the lathes then the 5 programmable settings would work great or better then the pulley systems now.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
This one remains high on my list but the little things bug me at this price point.  No keyless chuck, no task lighting and rectanglar inserts are in only way to go on a wood DP, you can make a rectangular one in seconds but the rounds ones are more work.
I was getting ready to buy one until I read in another mag review that the tool turns off when at the top of the quill travel. My chuck needs to be spinning in order to change bits.
I can tell you that is NOT true. With the depth Stop set AND the reverse mode on, the motor will stop as the drill is raised, but under normal usage, it turns until you stop it.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com