Dewalt 735 chip collection
A while back the great advice here on WN recommended the Dewally 735 because of its ease of chip collection due to its fan. Finally got a chance to use it, but having fits trying to get fittings that connect to the dust chute to a hose or a short run of pipe to a trash can (I no longer have a dust collector). I have loads of fittings, but none work.

I need specifics of items I can order on line so I don't end up with more useless fittings. Sadly, there's no local store except Home Depot.

My half-baked hook up popped off in a few minutes and ended up with chips all over the driveway ???

Thanks in advance.

BTW. Really love the job the planer does
Dave
Dave,
What you need is the DeWalt Jointer/Planer Dust Chute Adapter Part # 5140011-48.  Cost is $10.28 from Sears.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-num...aQodIRUNuw

This will go on the outlet of the planer and allows you to connect either a hose or a standard coupler that will then connect to any standard size fitting.  I took some pictures of my setup for you but of course Photobucket is down for maintenance.  I'll post some pictures tomorrow when their site is back up.

Lonnie
Dave, if you already have the part Lonnie referenced, then you need a flexible plumbing connector. I think you need a 2 1/2" ID one - not sure.

Flexible Connector

I found mine at Home Depot, but can't seem to find it in their online site.  I took a picture, but photobucket is down for maintenance right now.  As soon as it's up again, I'll post the picture of my setup.  It involves a coupler like the one linked to a shop vac hose.

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
Mine came with an adapter that had both 2.5 and 4 inch all in one. I connect it to a 4 inch flex hose.
Yeah, that looks like what I need to do. I tried with a 2 1/2" hose and all th chips blew out of the trash can. A 4" hose should have less velocity.
Dave
(11-04-2016, 02:13 PM)BandSawyer Wrote: Mine came with an adapter that had both 2.5 and 4 inch all in one. I connect it to a 4 inch flex hose.

I've had 5 or 6 of the 735's and all of them had the connector in the box. It's been a few years though. I'm the only one I've ever seen suggest this, but they had a dust shroud/bag in the past, and I don't use a DC with mine. I just let the blower chase it into the sack, dump the bag when it starts to fill up.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW