griz 1023
going to be posting my grizz left tilt saw for sale, and just wanted to run the price by you guys.
It's cut maybe 20 feet of wood, and wil have three freud blades, all good.
Was thinking $900?
don't want to ask more or less than it's worth
no permiti el bicho morderte
In the new Christamas catalog they are going for $1275 new.
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

I would ask 1000, that way you can come down to 900 if necessary. No one wants to pay asking price
Is it the new one with the riving knife or the old SL model?  I am guessing the price is high for both given the current cost of a new one with the riving knife.  Location plays a large role in the price you get.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
You drove it off the lot remember, and it doesn't say Lie Nielsen or Festool on it so its going to be hard to get 80-90% of retail. I always start at 50% of new and go up or down depending on condition and age (and in this case, riving knife or not).
50% it will simply stay in the shop, whilst I did "drive it off the lot" I also paid for that over and above the actual price.
So whilst I get what your saying, there is also added value to not having to buy new for an item that essentially does not age?
The three blades included alone also have a retail value of over $300, also to be considered I think.
I can paint a festool sign on it, if it helps
Smile
no permiti el bicho morderte
G1023SL or G1023RL?    One's current, one's not, so it makes a difference in resale value. The blades are a nice plus, but don't really add anywhere near their retail value to the equation.
Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Including accessories in a machine sale don't add as much value as if they were sold alone, in my book.

"there is also added value to not having to buy new for an item that essentially does not age?"

Table saws surely do age.

Whilst you've replied to the thread, you haven't clarified the exact model and whether it has a riving knife.

I don't mean to be too argumentative, but as I reread my response it sounds that way. If you get $900 for the saw, more power to you!
I'd sell the good blades separately, possibly here. Include just one blade with the saw. There's no way that's only a $600 saw around here - even if it was dropped off a truck bent up and spent a year at the bottom of the ocean. Used tool prices here are crazy, and they seem to sell. Here $900 would be reasonable.

Curious why you're selling it? Upgrade? Getting out?
-Marc

(11-05-2016, 08:15 AM)WaterlooMarc Wrote: I'd sell the good blades separately, possibly here.
I think the 2 extra used blades might sell for $25 each, if lucky.
Right now locally there is a Forrest Chopmaster 80 tooth for $60 (It's new) and a Forrest 48 tooth for $40 (used) and a Freud Glue Line Rip blade for $25 (new)
That said, I think the saw, if a few years old and looks new would sell for $800 tops. It's used. No warranty. It's a Griz. 

Include just one blade with the saw. There's no way that's only a $600 saw around here - even if it was dropped off a truck bent up and spent a year at the bottom of the ocean. Used tool prices here are crazy, and they seem to sell. Here $900 would be reasonable.

Curious why you're selling it? Upgrade? Getting out?
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer