Murphy Bed Kits (Queen) Recommendations
Question 
Next project on the list is a Murphy bed for the workout/guest room. Looking for a hardware kit. Any recommendations and/or experiences good or bad? Rockler has a kit and Amazon has dozens.

Thanks
Not inexpensive, but for heavy-duty hardware for similar uses, I've had good luck with Hafele.
https://www.hafele.com/us/en/product/hae...d00020023/
I have no experience with Murphy beds, but my Sleep Number bed is much lighter than a conventional mattress and the lower weight might (might) be an advantage when folding up against the wall.

Probably a 30 or 40 pound savings.  (A regular mattress weighs about 75 to 80 pounds).
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
another place to check is Lee Valley.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I used the horizontal queen kit from Rockler.  The instructions and DVD were very detailed.  Since most of the bed is 3/4" plywood, it's a simple project.  It is very, very heavy when ready to assemble.  I added some walnut pieces to the front and built walnut bookcase/cabinet side units.

The gas shocks work perfect - and the mattress must weigh the 75-80 lbs for the bed to stay down - a lighter mattress will require adding weight to hold down.

Overall I've very happy with the kit and results.

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
I bought the instructions and kit from Lee Valley. I thank the hardware in the kit was from "Create a Bed." I was very happy with the instructions and video that came with it. Once you build the basic box, you can customize the front of it like I did.

Attached Files Image(s)

Joe in Florida
On LumberJocks some one wanted to do one, depending on exterior wood and detailing, if I remember right about $3K when all said and done
Big eek
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk