Help finding who makes these router bits
Photo 
[Image: 8VZw2F2.jpg]

Can anyone tell me who makes this bit?  It's a bottoming out bit, but it doesn't have a bearing or side cutters, only carbide bottom cutters.  I borrowed it from a buddy, and find it much more useful for cleaning out my dadoes than a normal bottoming out bit.  The ones pictured are 5/8" and 1/2".  If anyone knows, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jimmy
Jimmy,
it is very easy, you do a search on Google for example, and like magic, here it is!!!!
https://www.google.com/search?q=bottom+r...8&oe=utf-8
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

(edit)....let me rephrase that - that wasn't nice  (edit). I do appreciate you taking the time to respond though, but like I said, no side cutters or bearing.  That's what makes it different. This one uses the body of the bit as its guide bushings.
harljiHey MikeBob that's great - never heard of Google being in IT and all!  You might have thought I would have started there before posting.  I do appreciate you taking the time to respond though, but like I said, no side cutters or bearing.  That's what makes it different. This one uses the body of the bit as its guide bushings.

Got it, sorry.
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

Brian in sunny Florida is a Woodnet member, he also offers you a discount. You say 5/8" and 1/2", but don't say what you are doing. If you are matching plywwod you would want to use............

Undersized plywood

bowl and tray

Mortise cutters they actually do make a pretty flat bottom, though they don't look like they would.

I would suggest these though Upcut evacuates the trench better

Downcuts make a cleaner outer edge but clean out slower than upcuts. A good vac is needed to help get rid of wood chips.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Nope - let me apologize to you MikeBob, (that is what I originally wrote).  That's no way for me to act on this forum, especially since I am the one who needs the help.

The reason this bit is cool is that unlike other bottoming bits, this requires no guide bearing, so your dado depth can be much shallower, and I don't need any kind of router edge guide.  It literally took me 5 mins to bottom out my dadoes.  No set up needed.
Thanks Steve, I may look him up.  So to explain better, I am starting with a 3/4" dado that I already cut on my tables saw.  However sometimes due to my plywood warping (sat around too long), my dadoes weren't going the full depth in some spots.  My buddy worked at a cabinet shop and showed me these bits that they used to use. They rode inside the pre cut dado and completely flatted out imperfections in the dado cut.  What I liked about it is that I just slapped it in the router, adjusted the depth and, done. Unfortunately my buddy has no idea who made them and there is no branding on the bits.

Jimmy
Well I thought Magnate made one but it has a bearing and longer than you show 

Then I thought of Her Saf but again the cutters are much longer than you show 

I have seen them before sadly the manufacturer may no longer be in business 

so I get zilch searching online maybe it will come to me 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Thanks for looking Joe, I really appreciate it.  I am kind of hoping some of you guys that have been around here for a while may have seen one in the past.  If it does come to you, please hit me up.
(11-04-2016, 07:42 PM)harlji Wrote: Nope - let me apologize to you MikeBob, (that is what I originally wrote).  That's no way for me to act on this forum, especially since I am the one who needs the help.

The reason this bit is cool is that unlike other bottoming bits, this requires no guide bearing, so your dado depth can be much shallower, and I don't need any kind of router edge guide.  It literally took me 5 mins to bottom out my dadoes.  No set up needed.

Not a problem, I was being a bit snarky. I thought the ones showed had no bearings on them.
Cool
Smirk