What would you pay?..
For Festool items that were used in a commercial shop.

Found an auction that has quite a few track saws and sanders that look like they were rode hard and put away wet.

Saws look like TS 55 and sanders 150 models.

Would love to go bid but don't want to waste a trip or money out of ignorance.

Thanks
as for tracks would depend on wear I would probably pass on the rest if rode hard like you say.  I always assume the best of it left with the business owner or the employees
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Anything is worth a look if there isnt a huge time commitment. But my take, any pro shop, the workers treat the tools like garbage. Ive been in a few auctions where there was some decent stuff, but I see a common thread between shops going out of business and stuff beat to hell. 

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

It's Festool so it will still go for 80-90% of retail even if it is beat to hell.  I wouldn't waste my time.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
If it was next door I would wander over, 2 blocks down the road, I'd stay home. Already stated Festool will probably pull at least 50% of retail, and unknown use for a handtool my mind is in the 5 Dollar range, but they won't sell for near that.

Now NIB is a different story
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Thanks, that what I thought.
These look pretty bad but wouldn't mind a glass of green Kool aid if I could afford one.
A glass of soured green Koolaid at any price is too much 
No

I've seen auctions at which most of the stuff is basically sold by the pound or box for pennies on the dollar versus "fair" value regardless of the color or condition. It really depends on the location and advertising. I wouldn't make any special effort if the stuff is really beat just because of the color but then again if it's just superficial scuffs and dirt, you may be able to get a good deal.
I would pass. I have an ETS with a broken switch I keep forgetting to ship away for repair.. Its been a great machine, but its not indestructible.
Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.
Ayn Rand

Although Festool power tools are very high quality, given they were used in a commercial shop, I would pass unless they are at "give away" prices.

I have several Festool power tools (Track Saw, Domino, jig saw, 2 sanders, and their HEPA vac) they are W-A-Y expensive, but excellent tools with excellent dust collection capabilities.
- In my case I have a basement shop adjacent to finished home theater and guest bedroom - these are the reasons I went with Festoo (dust collection).
I would only bid if you can go to the inspection day and actually try it out.
It used to be that the auction house would at least verify basic function.. like they would plug it in, see if the blade spun.
Now it seems like it is all "buyer beware".. Last auction, I bid online, paid 200 for something that was listed as working.  Got it home, it was trashed beyond repair.

If they have an inspection day, you can hold the circular saw, turn it on in your hands and see if it vibrates badly.. Usually if a circular saw is worn out, you can tell by holding it.  Also, find out what the business used to do.. If they were just cutting wood with them or general construction, I would be more willing to risk it.. if it is a countertop fabrication place, where they might have been used to cut quartz or granite, forget it..

And yes, you might waste an afternoon inspecting them, only to have the bids be outrageous..