Jet 716000 & Wen 4214 Drill presses
I am in market for a new drill press, the features I am looking for is variable speed with digital read out, Light and Laser. Bench press.

I found  Jet 71600 JWDP  and WEN 4214  both are 12" drill press , identical in features except the color.

Jet 71600 JWPD  is  $ 374.99  at Amazon
WEN 4214 is             $ 223.17 at Amazon

So the difference of $ 151.82 is Jet worth it? Is the Jet name plate worth $ 151.82? 

JET

WEN
--WOW   103 views  no comment !!!--
They are both small Chinese presses.  Look at the amazon reviews for the wen, most are ok, but a few ringers in there for poor qc and bad manufacturing.  Probably going to get better support with the Jet and better qc, whether its worth the difference in price is up to you.  Neither would be my cup of tea.
There was talk on a different site about the HF bench top drill press and the Grizzly as well. Both had lower end slow speeds at 200 rpm...
I will also suggest to read reviews on both on Amazon, you will be able to decide which one is good. But what I see is Jet is a good brand for a wide range of drill presses but price is a little higher than others.
(09-11-2017, 03:27 AM)bkdavid Wrote: I will also suggest to read reviews on both on Amazon, you will be able to decide which one is good. But what I see is Jet is a good brand for a wide range of drill presses but price is a little higher than others.

I doubt the Jet is worth that much more. I would ck Harbor Freight and see if you can do better by using a coupon. Might save enough to pay for an extended warranty if you are worried.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.