Picture hosting site -Free
(11-17-2016, 07:43 AM)Wipedout Wrote: Don't forget you can upload pictures direct to woodnet now since the upgrade so they don't have to be hosted eleaswhere if your only need is for woodnet......

So, is that with the "add attachment" feature????  I'm in p-bucket and could leave in a heartbeat, relearning how to use it every 6 months gets old over time... I eventually get around to it, but haven't posted a pic for quite a while..
Skip

Yes add attachment then insert into post.  Pictures have to be smaller than 1 meg.  

So click choose file. Then add attachment

Then insert into post after it loads.

Oh and the file needs a unique name from any other file you have uploaded
The problem I found with Flickr is that if you post the BB Code as given it allows the viewer to see all the photos associated in that album, not just the one you wanted to show.  You can manually edit the BB Code to display just that one picture, but you have to do it for every photo you post.  With Google Photos it copies just the photo you want to show.  And there are no annoying ads like with Photobucket. 

John
(11-17-2016, 08:42 AM)Wipedout Wrote: Yes add attachment then insert into post.  Pictures have to be smaller than 1 meg.  

So click choose file. Then add attachment

Then insert into post after it loads.

Oh and the file needs a unique name from any other file you have uploaded

Thanks!  And thanks for letting me know how small they need to be! P-bucket may die a slow death around here...
Skip

This pic is hosted on Flickr.
I just pick a size from all the sizes,right click and copy image location then paste here.
Just takes a second and I've never noticed it going back to my albums.

[Image: 23660354979_03318b1379_z.jpg]
(11-17-2016, 12:57 PM)jteneyck Wrote: The problem I found with Flickr is that if you post the BB Code as given it allows the viewer to see all the photos associated in that album, not just the one you wanted to show.  You can manually edit the BB Code to display just that one picture, but you have to do it for every photo you post.  With Google Photos it copies just the photo you want to show.  And there are no annoying ads like with Photobucket. 

John

Digging up an old thread...how do you post your Google Photos?

When I select the "share" icon and click "get link" it looks like this:
https://goo.gl/photos/p6aD6qc22rVg7Chw5

When I right click and "open image in new tab" I get:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/oKYHJN...50-h638-no

Note that neither has a file extension.

When I post the later with the image tag, shows up in my "new post" window, but not in the posted message.
(01-20-2017, 05:45 PM)JosephP Wrote: Digging up an old thread...how do you post your Google Photos?

When I select the "share" icon and click "get link" it looks like this:
https://goo.gl/photos/p6aD6qc22rVg7Chw5

When I right click and "open image in new tab" I get:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/oKYHJN...50-h638-no

Note that neither has a file extension.

When I post the later with the image tag, shows up in my "new post" window, but not in the posted message.

Don't use the Share button.  It doesn't work here, or at least I can't make it work.  Instead, just select your photo and then right click on it.  From the menu left click on "Copy Image Location".  Now come over to WoodNet, pick the location you want to place the picture and left click on the photo icon in the bar above.  Right click in the URL box and left click on paste.  Done. 

Learning a new system is always a struggle, but once you do I think you'll find Google Photos pretty simple and easy to use.  And no ads. is a beautiful thing. 

John
Perfect...thanks!

I'd assume that right clicking and opening in new tab then copying that would have led to the same result...but it doesn't.
(01-20-2017, 07:50 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Don't use the Share button.  It doesn't work here, or at least I can't make it work.  Instead, just select your photo and then right click on it.  From the menu left click on "Copy Image Location".  Now come over to WoodNet, pick the location you want to place the picture and left click on the photo icon in the bar above.  Right click in the URL box and left click on paste.  Done. 

Learning a new system is always a struggle, but once you do I think you'll find Google Photos pretty simple and easy to use.  And no ads. is a beautiful thing. 

John

I cannot get it to work. Do I have to make the photos sharable or something? No matter what I do I get the broken image icon in the post.
(11-17-2016, 08:03 AM)WaterlooMarc Wrote: Photobucket has gotten dang near useless. I wish everyone would stop using it. So many pop ups and frames and ads. It's utterly infuriating.
I agree. I won't waste time trying to look at images on Photobucket anymore. Takes too long for all the crap to load before the image will be displayed.