Benchtop Band Saw
I had a table top BS once for about 4 hours. Couldn't get rid of it any faster. It was a Delta, and I think they attempted to make a tiny 14" saw, except the legs on it, it looked much the same as the venerable 14", just shrunken. It really was a POS, and I am being as nice as I can be about it. My money would be to find an old Delta 14", or a similar clone, and use a Carter small blade jig on it, and you could chase rabbits with it, and never go off course. It would allow you to cut as small as you wanted, or mid sized without a burp. Resaw is an option, it really wouldn't cost much more, and unless you are just out of room, I think you would be much happier in the long run. It looked like this one, and IIRC the retail on it was around 350 bux. I got it at auction, NIB, had never been opened.

[Image: deltasaw1.jpg]
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Mike

Believe it or not Harbor Freight's 9" is the best I ever seen and finally gave it to a friend who needed one.  The D/C on the lower part sucks the dust Very well through the whole thing.  It is cheap and it assembled right it works perfectly.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Here's a long shot for you.     Look on Craigslist for a Inca Euro 260.  Its a 10" Swiss made saw.  It's quality plus and going strong after 20 years.  I've only replaced the guide and thrust bearings, common and available, and blades.
What I did.  I have a 12" BS that I used to do craft cut outs.  I found the edge too rough.  So i bought a Dewalt SS and have save hours no having to sand the edges.  I do cuts out for a lady - about 2-300 hundred during the holidays.  Most of the work is 1/2 ply.  I cut 2 at a time.  1/4" I cut 4 at a time. 

It is slower but I do a better job with the SS.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.