Finish for walnut
Since I'm not at home to check my finishing books, I thought I'd throw this out for your thoughts in the mean time. I'm making a safety razor and brush stand out of walnut for my son. Obviously, it will be kept in a pretty humid environment so I'm looking for some suggestions for a durable, yet attractive, finish. I realize attractive is subjective and I will also point out that I've read the once a week for a month, one a month for a year, etc, etc, etc....that's not happening!? TIA Ned
Oil or water based Poly.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

Arm-R-Seal or similar wipe on varnish.  Gorgeous on walnut. 

John
TruOil ??
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Almost any of the oil based varnishes are going to give you a really nice look. They will be quite durable as well.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.