FS: Porter C 16" Jointer
This is not mine, but it's from the shop in Baltimore where I apprenticed. I've spent lots of hours on this machine, and thought folks here might appreciate it.

[Image: 00I0I_fbZuwOCb9wR_600x450.jpg]

[Image: 00u0u_iMO8YR45x2s_600x450.jpg]

16" 4 knife cutter head, 88" long x 22" wide bed. 6" high x 36" fence.
In great condition for its age. 

3 phase, 5hp direct drive motor runs smooth and starts strong. Oil bath ball bearings. Extra long power cable. 
8" dust collection port directly under the cutter head. 

Included an extra set of knives and 1 gallon of oil for bearings. 

More details:

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/tls/5870490999.html
For those who don't (want to) click the Craigslist ad link:

Asking price = $4000
Nice looking jointer, but price is a bit steep.
(11-10-2016, 07:30 PM)cvillewood Wrote: Nice looking jointer, but price is a bit steep.

I concur
Yes
Yes
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
well if it works as good as it is supposed to and how it is kept I would think the price us about right but more like $3000 to $3500.  I also wonder if a carbide blade thing can be put on there which would add maybe $1400 to it?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
What in the world is a "carbide blade thing?" Do you mean a spiral cutterhead? Like a Byrd shelix?
You guessed right.  I could not remember the name of it.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Just out of curiosity, what was the name of the shop that you apprenticed at in Baltimore? Was it a cabinetmaking shop or something?