Looking for a Powermatic outboard tool rest
I am curious where to look for the top of this and an idea of what one might cost
Seems the pictures I found are encrypted 

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/image...ib863ucLpO

[Image: lathe%20post_zpstdgd7fj4.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

The tool rest is removed from the lathe and placed in it.. 

Any powermatic (or other brand) tool rest with a 1"  shaft will work in it..   

Very handy if you want to turn something over 12".
Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.
It is missing the offset tool rest holder that goes in the top. They aren't super common to find it will cost over $100 from what I have seen.
Mine looks just like that one except it is painted gold...

As I said...   I simply take the tool rest from the lathe and put it in it..   Works great... 
Depending on what you are turning, you can put different shaped tool rests in it, but any one with a 1" shaft will work..

There are no other parts missing on it...
(11-11-2016, 07:17 AM)JDS30 Wrote: It is missing the offset tool rest holder that goes in the top. They aren't super common to find it will cost over $100 from what I have seen.

Yep that sounds like what I am looking for.  I have seen the complete pedestal sell for $400 but I only have the post if I could find the top that would be great.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Pappy it can be used without it it just is easier with the offset rest holder here is a picture of one.

[Image: image_zpsc3xeb3r1.jpeg]
The piece I need is this

[Image: Untitled_zpszvywo6nx.jpg]

Phil Thien

Have you tried the OWWM forum ??

Sorry, the picture you showed had it on it..  did not know that is what you need..    never saw one without the main post.. 

Good luck..

JDS30..   Agree that makes it easier to use...
No worries I could not find pictures other than ebay and they seem all be encrypted Screen shot and paint helped out.  I came across the post with a lathe that had been moved around a lot no idea how or why it was not there just thought I could find or worst case make one

Phil Thien