Nice Surprise!
Pedder surprised me by putting into the latest parcel this little gem as a present for me 
Cool

[Image: P1040952.jpg]

A little saw with a 0.008 thick blade that is pitched at 20 tpi rip without any set
Big eek He calls it butterknive saw, don't ask me why
Laugh
This saw will come in handy for doing a certain step while making a closed handle.

Here a pic to compare the kerf. From the left: butterknife, fine joinery saw with a 0.012 blade, dovetail saw with a 0.020 blade.

[Image: P1040955.jpg]

Here a pic with one rip cut and one cross cut (1/2" beech):

[Image: P1040956.jpg]

Klaus
Wow! The kerf is almost invisible. It must be a very delicate saw plate.
I think my doctor needs one of those for my next knee replacement!  An amazing piece of fine toolwork.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
You must keep a cold house to need that for your butter. 
Winkgrin
Wow. That is not really a kerf--it is more of a suggestion. Neat saw and very handy.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
(11-11-2016, 11:17 AM)hbmcc Wrote: You must keep a cold house to need that for your butter. 
Winkgrin

That is the reason for the name.

[Image: IMG_0163.JPG]
[font="Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]Merken[/font]
I really like it, but I would need a handle on it for sure.

Forgive my ignorance but why is a thinner blade better?

I also like it that if only 3/4" was showing or can some how pinch the blade so the blade can be moved up or down than it would be a great dovetail cutter.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I don't know what's going on right now. I'm not able to answer Arlin's post correctly including some pics. As soon as I go on "prewview" or on "post" the main part of the text and the pics get lost...
Upset Will try it later on again...
Hi Arlin,

another attempt after having restarted my computer. Hope it helps
Laugh

A thinner saw blade isn't necessarily better than a thicker one. In the opposite, the thinner one is more damageable, one has to take some more care while using the saw. And there's not too much use for such a delicate saw. I have a dedicated purpose for this saw however. When making a closed handle the lambs tongue gets as a first step a both sided cut. The finer the cut, the narrower the tongue will snuggle to the cheeks. That's what I'm after. Here a pic of this cut (made already with the butterknife saw):

[Image: P1040959.jpg]

With the need for a handle you're not alone. After having tested the saw, I hurried up to make a quick and dirty handle with the shape of a knife handle.

[Image: P1040961.jpg]

Please don't inspect it closely!

Klaus
Sorry it still doesn't work, don't know why... Please ignore the text. It was mixed by the software. The pic shows that I've made a handle for the saw already, just a quick and dirty build, so please don't inspect it too closely.

Klaus