Cherry desk for my daughter
It took me about 6 months but I finished a cherry desk for my daughter. The center drawer section comes out for disassembly as does the bridge panel. So it can be broken down into two managable boxes for moving. That helps a lot because it is all solid wood and is a heavy sucker. My 13 year old is a happy girl tonight. Oh and in the top right it has a typewriter pullout. Not sure why she wanted one but she got it. You can see it as the ~3/4" wide strip above the small top right drawer.

[Image: 20161113_210529.jpg]
Very nice work. I'm sure it will be cherished.
Nice looking desk.  You usually see those in Oak.  I have a fondness for them that is lost on my wife.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

That is really nice! Very well done!

Andy
I am quickly realizing that I have NO natural talent... But I am trying to fake it.
Smile 
That's very nice.  Can you provide the finishing process? (well I know you can, but will you? )

I'm making a smaller cherry desk for my 9 yo granddaughter and I really like the color of yours. (I'll post it in a few weeks - will be a Christmas present).

Thanks for showing,

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
I just use wipe on Polyurethane. 2 Coats with good drying between coats, the lightly sand with 400 or finger abrasive and then 2-3 more coats. The top of the desk gets 10+ coats and I used 600 grit abrasive on my ROS between coats.  I like using hand finishing because if something gets scratched I can sand it out and fix it in the field. I don't have to bring it back to my shop.
Great looking desk. It will be cherished for a long, long time.
Would you mind elaborating how you made the drawer and bridge panel removeable? Also, how is the top attached once in place?

I'm curious on how to build one of these, can't quite work it out in my head.

Thank you, it looks incredible.
Very nice desk. I'm sure she will be thrilled with it for many years.
Something seems screwy with the response button.  Earlier today all I got was a blank page; now I'm getting the quote + respond result even though I only hit the repond button. 

Anyway, that's a very nice desk you've made there.  Well done.  

John